Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mirror, Mirror...Oh how I love you!

I finally managed to complete our front entryway makeover.  If you recall, this is what our entryway used to look like.

The mirror and chair belonged to my Granny.  It has been passed down several generations.  While I love both, I was craving something lighter and brighter.  Don't worry, both will find a new home in another room in our house.

I saw this table (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00105064) on an episode of Nate and knew I had to have it!   I loved the glass top!  I knew I wanted to add light to this area as well, and found a great lamp while shopping for the table.  I love that it has a dimmer switch, so I can control the amount of light depending on time of day and my mood.  I picked up a couple accessories, and created some Word Art using Wordle (thanks Cassie).   The only thing missing was a new mirror.  One that would suit the space.  I found this one at Lowes...


But, I wasn't loving the color...not light, bright and airy!  So, what is the Queen of Spray Paint to do?  Why make a trip to Home Depot to purchase Rustoleum's Plastic Primer and White Laquer spray paint.  A couple coats of each later and ...this is how the entryway turned out~





I am loving the new look!  Light, bright, cheerful, and airy.  And, less fussy!  I am so thrilled with how this turned out that I am looking for ways to lighten other areas of our home as well.

I hope to have a couple of projects complete this week, and can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment