Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The floor is in!

We finally have the flooring installed in the craft/workroom.  As you all might recall, we had purchased this flooring from Ikea...


Tundra flooring.


The Tundra flooring is a "floating" floor...so not happening on our uneven concrete floors in our basement, especially since there is nothing to anchor the 1st row to since the back wall is concrete as well.  So, on to plan B...12 inch vinyl stick on tiles.  We picked a neutral color tile by Armstrong backed by a lifetime guarantee.  So easy to install, and it does stick so be sure it is where you want it.

We love how it turned out, so we are planning on running it into the hall and utility area as well.

A close up view.

In the room.

Tomorrow we plan to tackle the hall and utility room, and get the shelving/cabinets for the craft/workroom installed.  Then the fun begins...organizing everything...my favorite part, hubby's-not so much!

Also, thought I'd show you one of my inspiration pieces for my new office (that has yet to be completed since I've put it on hold, and everything I seem to want is on backorder!).

We purchased this print from an artist in Savannah while we were there.  Love all the colors, and if I'd taken our Cairn and asked him to paint her...this is exactly how it would have  turned out.
 



I just love it!  Makes me smile every time I walk into the room.  Hopefully in the next week I can get some of these projects completed to show you.  Our youngest, the jetsetter, is off again on Monday...this time for a leadership conference in Orlando!  I just finished her laundry from NY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment