Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Invictus with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon: A LaMothe Movie Review


Having family in for the holidays? Are they into politics? Rugby? Old enough to remember the 1995 World Cup Championship match? Looking for a team to cheer for? Well if that is what you want, Invictus will give it to you.

I really didn't know what to expect when I bought the tickets to see Invictus with my husband last weekend but I certainly didn't expect to "learn" anything...just another sports movie about a team that had already played out history while I was living a very different life. (Where WAS I in 1995? Under a rock? I didn't remember any of this in the news or maybe I wasn't even watching!)

Invictus is awe inspiring, uplifting and has its share of comic relief, however, it isn't for the entire family. Younger children would be bored while teenagers would need to either be studying South Africa and President Mandela or just in love with sports stories. For me, I came away with a new respect for President Mandela and his country and that is worth the price of a ticket!

Synopsis

From director Clint Eastwood, 'Invictus' tells the inspiring true story of how Nelson Mandela (Morgan Freeman) joined forces with the captain of South Africa's rugby team, Francois Pienaar (Matt Damon), to help unite their country.

Newly elected President Mandela knows his nation remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. Believing he can bring his people together through the universal language of sport, Mandela rallies South Africa's underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup Championship match.

Starring
Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon, Tony Kgoroge, Julian Lewis Jones, Adjoa Andoh

Director(s)

Clint Eastwood

Distributor(s)

Warner Bros.

MPAA Rating

PG-13

Runtime

134 min
 
Sharon LaMothe
Infertility Answers, Inc.
http://infertilityanswers.org/
LaMothe Services, LLC
http://lamotheservices.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment